REMODELING YOUR COSTA MESA KITCHEN: DO YOUR PART!
For most, a DIY full-scale kitchen remodel is impossible (unless you happen to be Chip or Joanna Gaines). This doesn’t mean you aren’t a key person in the process! Take it from us at Kitchen Cabinets & Beyond, we need our clients as much as you need us for a successful kitchen remodeling in Costa Mesa, CA.
How so, you may ask? Here’s what the professionals want most from their clients to ensure a seamless kitchen remodel:
- Definitive, yet flexible decision-making:
If you don’t yet know what you want, we will wait to begin the actual remodel until you do. You want to be confident in your choices before we begin.
- An aesthetic point-of-view:
Get ideas from HGTV reruns and magazines. Check out the kitchens in Costa Mesa model homes and take note of your likes and dislikes in your friends’ homes. Walk around your home and decide what your current style is or what you wish to have.
- Establish tentative dates/times of year:
Someone from your family really should be present during the project. This may take some planning and coordinating with your spouse or partner, your boss, the babysitter, etc.
- Do you want an eat-in space and/or formal dining?
It’s not a given these days that a kitchen will include a formal dining area—do you want one? Or, do you currently have an unused one that could be transformed into usable space for your family? Stand in your kitchen, look around, and make notes on the usable and unusable parts of the space.
- Assess the different kitchen types:
Do you want to stay with your current kitchen layout or is there another option or two you also like? Kitchen layouts are as follows:
- Galley: long, parallel counter spaces; typically the sink on one side, the range, oven, and fridge on the opposite.
- Single-wall: usually found in loft condos with a kitchen-living room combination.
- L-shaped (with or without island): oven and range are usually placed where the “leg” of the “L” is, with the sink adjacent.
- U-shape: a three-point space with the sink in the “U,” the fridge to its adjacent countertop, and the range/oven across from the fridge.
- G-shape: Just like the U-shape, with an extended countertop which partially closes off the kitchen space.
- Custom: don’t like any of these? Let’s design a unique space just for you!
You see? Your input is invaluable to the process. Our team could not successfully accomplish a kitchen remodel without you. Our goal is to co-design with you to create the perfect kitchen for your home and family. Kitchen Cabinets & Beyond has co-designed and remodeled thousands of kitchens in the Costa Mesa area and its surrounding cities; this is what we do and we do it well. Bring your questions and ideas to us. We are open every day from 10 am to 5 pm and are looking forward to hearing from you!
Kitchen Cabinets & Beyond
2910 E La Palma Ave Ste B
Anaheim, CA 92806